Monday, July 9, 2007

Ouch and Wow

I have tried for the last two days to restore/repair my ipod shuffle. It won’t update or allow me to restore settings. It gets pretty rough treatment as I use it when I am riding my bike and I don’t use an arm holster so it gets tucked and giggled and pulled alot. There doesn’t appear to be any physical damage but I sure miss the casts while riding.

Pretty cool news that Muhammad Yunus won the Nobel Prize. Here is a guy in Bangladesh that started his microfinance operation by lending some weavers a total of $27 for some stools and it has built into an empowering empire. Read story here .

At BB4CK we are in the midst of an awareness campaign called “Kids Help Kids - You Can Too” and we have been receiving original masterpieces from young kids in our city for distribution on the 25th. I am amazed both by the effort and quality of the original works and when you consider that when a child produces two works, they feed a child lunch for a week.

Seems like two important and seemingly small actions can make a big difference.

No comments: