Monday, October 8, 2007

Thankful

On Thanksgiving Day, I am reminded of how very blessed I am. I live in a country where I have the freedom to express my political, spiritual, and personal beliefs and in a time where I can publish them in blogs, comments and letters. I am thankful for the material blessings that I have - the home, clothing, provisions and toys that are lavished upon me. My family is close by,but not too close. I see my kids and grandkids regularly and they bring great joy to my life. My beloved(of 32 years)lifts me up, makes me smile, and keeps me a bit grounded and I so appreciate that we are more in love today than when we married. I have good health, good friends, access to beautiful scenery and opportunities, and work that fulfills me.

My church provides a place of both peace and challenge. The leaders face struggle openly and seek God's assistance and grace in times of trouble. I am truly blessed and have much to be thankful for.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: