Thursday, July 12, 2007

You Make it Look so Easy

Wednesday, July 4th, 2007
From Mr. Besilly’s blog

When someone is so skilled at their craft they make what they do look easy. They appear extraordinary to those of us standing on the sidelines and seem to be bigger than life.
A close friend and mentor of mine used to tell me that one of the hardest things to accomplish in this life is to continually show up day after day to perform the mundane. The tough part is checking in daily to meet head on with our ordinary jobs and wrestle with the ordinary repetition of life. He told me that in this we will find our strength and our true character would be revealed. I can now grasp what he was saying, though I was unable to really understand it back then. So I will leave you with a thought to ponder.

On this day as you perform what you consider to be ordinary like blogging, teaching or even parenting, to others you will appear extraordinary. There is someone standing on the sidelines of your life today, watching you make it look so easy. They are watching you, while you’re watching me and I’m busy watching someone else. Remember that someone sees you as truly extraordinary. Take a moment to consider that. Extraordinary means very unusual or remarkable, that certainly qualifies as beyond the ordinary.

Thank you for showing up today. You make it look so easy.

No comments: