Thursday, July 12, 2007

You are What You Eat

Thursday, April 5th, 2007
I missed the official launch of the PB&J Campaign on April 2nd but the action may be something we can all do to save water, reduce global warming and save habitat.

“The authors calculated the greenhouse gas emissions produced by various diets and compared the environmental benefits to driving hybrid versus standard cars. We figured out the daily greenhouse gas outputs from the authors’ yearly figures on animal-product-based and animal-product-free diets and then assumed that the average lunch would be about 28% of the daily figures. The authors also calculated the average yearly CO2 output for the Toyota Prius and Camry, which we broke down to daily figures to complete the picture. “ I don’t profess to be a scientist but reading through the site left me thinking about my diet and realizing that some consumption not only expands my waistline but also increases my footprint.

No comments: